MORE ABOUT TIMOTHY...
Tim is a long-time west Michigan resident. He graduated from Grand Rapids Christian High School and thereafter Calvin College, from which he graduated with a major in philosophy and a minor in speech. In both high school and college Tim was active in debate, drama, volunteer work, and student government. In high school he received recognition as the best debater in the district for three successive years. He also served as the student body president at Calvin College, was the chairperson of the student senate, and performed in many theater productions throughout his college career. Thereafter Tim attended Wayne State University Law School and while there he actively participated in legal assistance clinics, representing lower-income clients in real-estate related district court actions.
Since returning to the Grand Rapids area, Tim has developed a diverse practice and client base. For many years he successfully litigated a variety of contested matters, primarily real estate, personal injury, and business disputes. He also assists many non-profit and charitable organizations from formation to governance to ongoing advice in many areas of operation, represents and trains real estate professionals and real estate associations, and has a diverse and robust real estate development and business practice, and enjoys the opportunity to represent many individuals with a diverse range of legal needs.
Tim is the proud father of 4 sons, and when he is not practicing law, he enjoys spending time with them, traveling, skiing, cooking, reading, and golfing.
- Michigan, 1978
- U. S. Federal Courts, 1980
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan – J.D. – 1978
- Calvin College – B.A. – 1974
- “A Primer on Legal and Tax Considerations.” In Generating and Sustaining Nonprofit Earned Income: A Guide to Successful Enterprise Strategies., (Co-Author with William H. Heritage Jr.), Yale School of Management, 2004
- “A Primer on Legal and Tax Considerations.”
- Multiple professional training seminars for real estate professionals